Happy Earth Day!
We all know that the environment is a top priority in today’s society. With climate change, fossil fuel emissions and global warming being extremely prevalent in our everyday lives, it’s easy to become overwhelmed by the amount of work we think needs to be done.
Here are 3 simple things you can do any day for you and earth.
1. Wear clothing made to last vs fast fashion.
- The fashion industry contributes to 10% of global emissions, which is more than international flights and maritime shipping combined.
- It’s also the second-largest consumer of the world’s water supply and pollutes the oceans with microfibers. The industry produces 20% of global wastewater, but only recycles 1% of its clothing.
2. Reduce your meat consumption
- It takes 441 gallons of water to produce one pound of meat, whereas it takes just 18 gallons of water to produce one pound of wheat. It’s a very inefficient way to get our nutrients.
3. Plant trees - or better yet, fruit trees
- Trees are precious, absolutely essential to our planet and ultimately to our way of life. Trees provide cooling shade in summer, warmth and shelter during the winter, food, fuel and building materials. They help our soil, clean the air we breathe, and the water we drink.
- Fruit trees offer a reliable source of food that you control. If you grow your own fruit, you don't have to depend on a grocery store or farmer's market for your fresh produce. Fruit is one of the most expensive items in many households, so growing your own can save money and reduce trips to the grocery store. Plus, it tastes better when it's fresh from your yard!
Remember, there is no one thing that will change the planet. The small everyday decisions we make every day can harm or help our planet.
It’s never too late to start making changes we want to see in the world.
Together - We can make a difference
Caroline @ Teal + Moss